Thursday, April 8, 2021

What cosmetics do I like and Why

My ranking for makeup categories from favorite to meh are:

  1. Brushes
  2. Blushes
  3. Eyeshadows
  4. Foundation
  5. Powder
  6. Highlighter
  7. Bronzer, Contour, and Eyebrows
Let's work backwords.

 #7 Bronzer, Contour, and Eyebrows
My skintone doesn't change with the season and I do not frequently change my hair color. So I strive to only own one product from each category. I also find those categories to be so boring. I don't see the appeal of owning various bronzer and contour products nor do I understand people who are "obsessed" with them to the point of owning multiples items. For eyebrows, I just fill mine in with eyeshadows, so I'm okay with that and keep doing my eyebrows that way!

#6 Highlighter
The really shiny-finish highlighter don't look flattering on my face structure. I wish figured this out sooner so I wouldn't have accumulated so much of them *sigh* I find the ones that are more subtle in finish suit me more, and have to be a goldish-champagne color. 

#5 Powder.
I mean, if it works for dry skin and doesn't look cakey, I like it. 

#4 Foundation.
Once I found the foundation that is extremely close OR exact match, I just stick with it. I do recommend getting match to a makeup artist brand, like MAC cosmetics or Make Up For Ever. They've been in the makeup artistry for a long time, so I'm confident to say that you'll find your match. I will admit, I am envious of people who are able to find their match in the drugstore range. I'm really bad at shade matching myself.

#3 Eyeshadows
I like to collect colorand put color on my eyelids. Duochrome finish is my favorite eyeshadow finish.

#2 Blushes
Oh, this is my first love to color. If there's one thing I do every day, is to apply blush on my face, with or without foundation. It just perks up my tired face and just lifts my mood. I own all the blush colors that possible suit me. That's how much I love blushes!

#1 Brushes
Brushes can have so much shape variety and they could last forever! Some are so soft that there are some brushes that I just use to rub my face. The variety, longevity, and the softness just reels me in and it's really hard for me to walk away from brush sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What cosmetics do I like and Why

My ranking for makeup categories from favorite to meh are: Brushes Blushes Eyeshadows Foundation Powder Highlighter Bronzer, Contour, and Ey...